Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Welcome!




So over the summer my husband and I usually have the fortunate opportunity to entertain/host some friends visiting Nashville for a weekend and I thought it would be a perfect time for a little post on guest rooms!


I love setting up the guest rooms and I wanted to find all the little ideas that were out there to make our guests feel as welcomed as possible! 


Image: Veranda
This picture shows a wonderful selection of items to have in the room...maybe on a cute side table next to the bed....or on a desk?

I think having stationary with the name of your home (if named) or the street that your home is on...is so perfect! Some cookies...mints...alarm clock....books...hand towels!






Image: Country Living
What a cute idea to hold the towels, soap and other toiletries...the suitcase is even outfitted with a mirror! 


I have an antique white wrought iron wash stand..to hold towels/washcloths and soap right outside the guest bathroom.  My husband found this piece at the Nashville Flea market...I was so impressed with him!










Image: Veranda




Isn't this perfect! Everything a guest may need...an iron, toothpaste, lotion, advil....a sewing kit and much more!












Image: Country Living

Wouldn't you just love to wake up as a guest to this beautiful setting! A quaint table with cute chairs...a vase of flowers and some tea...or coffee for me!















Image: Country Living
I have been told to keep a dresser in the guest room cleared out for our guest's clothes and the top of the dresser fairly clear too so they have plenty of room to settle in!

Of course, a beautiful vase of flowers and some candles and matches in case the electricity goes out...is always nice too!


I had to include this picture also because of the boots!! I am writing this from Nashville...so the boots fit right in!








I could totally curl up in this chair and read a great novel!  I am on the look out for a cozy chair for our guest room!

















                                                 

I wanted to leave you all with this happy yet serene guest room picture...
so welcoming but also relaxing! 

 Have a wonderful Wednesday evening!

Take care,
Caroline