Friday, July 10, 2009

Wonderful Finds!

















What a wonderful estate sale I went to on Wednesday! It actually was an antique dealer who was just trying to downsize their inventory, but fine with me! 

There was a lot of iron pieces, antique ceiling tin, ironstone and other eclectic/shabby chic items...and I just loved it!  His larger pieces had some wonderfully low prices, but the smaller items were a bit pricey...so I got a few good pieces!  

Below are pictures of some of my favorite items he had....I wish I could have taken them all!





A perfectly shabby old steering wheel from a boat! I thought this would be perfect for a beach home or a family room.













I have seen an idea in House Beautiful where the designer actually used an iron urn/planter as a base to hold the Christmas tree...I passed on these, but I am on the look out- because I love that idea!










Such a cute tin bird feeder!















This patio furniture is a bit too rusty for me, but if it is freshened up with some paint...it would look so nice on a porch!
















An old saddle...













An iron side table...lovely design!

















A street sign...actually the name of a road near to where I live!













I would love to have this vintage bike...to ride to the pool or to the tennis courts!











Lovely iron patio furniture!













Iron wreath....a friend of mine told me that I could use this as a frame...great idea!


















Old pieces of iron, which could be made into planters...too long for my house, but for a large old home...perfect!









Loved the cherubs on the side!



















More lovely iron patio furniture!
















Loved these iron busts...but the seller was asking way too much...so I settled on a picture!











Another iron side table...















Loved this iron bench seat....could totally see it in a garden!




















Can't you just see this organizing your ribbon...or with flowers overflowing!















Loved this so much (and was at a great price)...I bought it!
















Loved these old doors (not priced low enough), but could totally see these painted white!

















Old ironstone...look at the scalloped edges!














I have been on the look out for an old iron fireplace screen-- I passed on this one since I would like to find one already white.








Now onto what I actually bought:






Love the color and has such a great patina!!





































I love old ceiling tin made into wall panels...so I bought 2...they actually sell really well in my booth!




































I had a problem taking a picture of the mirror so here is the back...it is a light yellow color on the front...distressed with age....and very large!












It has been so wonderful keeping up with all of your blogs...
this is a new adventure for me and I have really enjoyed it! 

Another blog I recently found through a friend is Fresh Vintage- she has beautiful pictures of her finds, gives wonderful descriptions of them and the blog is lovely! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful time this weekend 
and if you are going "junking" or just relaxing this weekend...have fun!

Take care,
Caroline