Monday, July 13, 2009

Lovely Lace and other little touches...





I love mixing in a little lace

with my

decorating and fashion sometimes…

If used as a 

small accent,

it adds an element of 

depth and delicacy

and

puts a wonderful touch of

fancy

on modern décor.



This past weekend

I found this 

beautiful vintage 

lace tablecloth,



which I was going to put in my booth

but...

thought it just looked too perfect

on our breakfast room table!




Lace 

also

can be used in a 

small accent pillow....


My Romantic Home Blog


or 

on some 

aprons 

hanging on a hook....


My Romantic Home Blog


I used

 lace 

in my wedding...

on my 

wedding dress 

by Monique Lhuillier…





which worked out 

perfectly 

for me 

since I wanted 

an elegant outdoor dinner party 

as the feel 

for my reception 

and I thought 

the touch of lace 

added to that atmosphere.....




Other 

"little touches" 

I have seen is to.....



Village House


add 

a needlepoint pillow 

to a

 dark chocolate brown 

modern leather sofa

or....


Em's Heart


have 

antique monogrammed linen napkins 

on a more 

"modish" dining room table.....

or.....


Southern Accents


have

 lovely calling cards

 sitting on the entry table...


I just love these little touches!


Take care,

Caroline