Monday, May 18, 2009

A Baby Shower: Oh Boy!



This past Saturday, I hosted a couples baby shower for a wonderful friend of mine and her husband. I had so much fun with all the little decorating details-- I just had to take some pictures and share!



I used "Oh Boy" on the invitations (can you tell??) and decided to play off of that theme...and at the same time use up some of the left over invitations! In addition, I know I have some pink flowers above (which were already in my dining room)-- but I think every male needs a little "pink" in their lives, so I left them!


Bacon and Caviar catered the shower and did a wonderful job! I wish I had taken a picture of the food, but they made an amazing jalapeno hors d'oeuvre, which was stuffed with a cheese filling and then wrapped in a piece of bacon...not healthy....but very delightful! And they were perfect since the mom to be is from Texas and her family from Texas really enjoyed them!

The father to be's mother was so nice and wanted to participate even though she was coming from New York...so she ordered this beautiful wreath for the front door...when I saw it I was just taken aback!



They would not take the wreath with them when they left, so it is still hanging on our door and it is gorgeous. I am just waiting for one of our neighbors to ask us if we have any good news to share due to this beautiful wreath hanging on our door....


We had all the guests sign an over-sized version of the invitation for the mother and father to be, which I feel will look lovely framed on the wall in the new baby's room!


I will leave you with our party favors, which I thought turned out so well! There is a little bulb inside each bag...and an assortment of colors to choose from!



Take care,

Caroline