Monday, June 15, 2009

Dreaming of White Bedrooms....



Isn't that perfect for a Monday back at work!


I absolutely love white bedding in any bedroom and beautifully ruffled bed skirts....that are white or a very simple off white pattern....just so lovely and very relaxing!


I have posted a few pics below of bedrooms I love. I currently have the white bedding in my own bedroom and the lovely ruffled bed skirt, but am working on "whitening" my current 4 poster mahogany bed and cozy side chair....and these pics are inspiring me!




Look at the beautifully ruffled white bed skirt and the slipcovered side chair...love it! I am always on the search for a lovely vintage mannequin....









I love all the "flea market/vintage" finds in this room! The beautiful needlepoint pillow and the rustic chic metal desk and the iron work over the bed...and that headboard! Then there are some vintage mirrors and crystal sconces...and my favorite...the holder above the bed is seemingly dripping with pearls and also hats! And they all play off the white bed linens and canopy...so relaxing!


Even though I love rooms based off of a completely white theme...I never actually pull one off! I always end up with color somewhere in the room and that usually is on the walls. I absolutely love this little blue bedroom below...the white mirror and ladder are so crisp, clean and white!


Image: Country Living










Oh, look at this lovely bedding...with the white and pink scalloped edges!










We have a 4 poster mahogany bed, which was a find...so when Robert (my husband) is not watching...I am planning on painting it a fresh white color and I am on the search for a Swedish armoire like this picture here!






Even though, I have been dreaming of white bedrooms today...colorful designs always sneak through...and I found this lovely picture of a pink and green bedroom from the 1970's...and it looks so current, happy and fun to me!

David Hicks c. 1970's via Patricia Gray Inc Blog


Have a wonderful Monday!

Take care,

Caroline